Swallow Barn – a special star filled moorland romantic Cornish cottage retreat by the coast
Swallow Barn really does offer something different for couples or creatives looking for a unique place to stay in Cornwall. Located on Bodrifty Farm our 100 acre organic hill farm and nature reserve is home to rare breeds (Belted Galloway) set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Swallow Barn is a beautiful romantic Cornish cottage, book lined, art filled, romantic artisan cottage set high amongst the cliffs and moors of West Penwith. It feels like you are far from urban life yet Penzance and St Ives are less than 5 miles away. This is a beautiful undeveloped area of west Penwith rich in ancient history and sacred monuments left by our ancestors.
Combining rustic architecture with comfortable and stylish surroundings Swallow Barn at Bodrifty Farm is a great base from which to walk the stunning South West coastal footpaths straight from your door, explore the area and come back to Swallow Barn to relax and unravel.
Swallow Barn is a old farm building covered in climbing ivy and surrounded by private gardens. It feels nicely secluded, and yet it’s only a short drive away from some of the area’s top attractions – including St Michael’s Mount, Minack Theatre, Land’s End, the Tate St Ives and some of the best surfing beaches in the world.
Downstairs (via a narrow handmade spiral staircase) at Swallow Barn, there is a spacious entrance porch leading to a large light filled sitting room with a wood burner and french doors opening out to a private patio and suntrap area leading to a large lawned garden and our private cornish fields beyond. Upstairs there is a fully-equipped artisan country farmhouse kitchen with Cornish dresser and views. There is a romantic booked lined bedroom, offering you peace and tranquility.. The cottage is decorated throughout with original Cornish art, photography, books, fresh flowers from Bodrifty farmhouse garden and has lots of beautiful Cornish light – as well as an unlimited supply of peace and quiet.
Swallow Barn offers the opportunity for couples to escape from real life. It makes the ideal base for exploring the sublime Cornish coast and countryside of the Penwith Peninsula from an authentic romantic Cornish cottage. At Swallow Barn on Bodrifty farm we have have dark skies. Therefore you can sky watch and see stars, the milky way, planets and if you are lucky, shooting stars from your kitchen door.
Starry nights and masses of birds and wildlife are guaranteed at Swallow Barn together with peace and tranquility.
- Stunning location in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: lots of walks across open country from the door.
- Rustic secluded romantic cottage featuring original stonework and log burner.
- Artisan rustic kitchen with Cornish dresser and high beamed ceilings.
- Large amount of space – bring a frisbee, boots, binoculars.
- Good quality linen and a super comfortable bed in a sweet little bedroom.
- Log fire for chilled nights in, we supply the first basket of our own logs and thereafter available at £15
- Writers and artists retreat The perfect place to detox with lots of books, peace and fresh sea air
- Wifi & free sat We are far from the BT cabinet and so the wifi is patchy, the satellite TV and DVD is fine
- Garden, BBQ and sun trap from french doors in the living room with two hardwood recliners.
- Our authentic Bodrifty Iron Age settlement is 3 fields away from your door, which you are welcome to visit.
To book Swallow Barn and check availability click here