Stay in a luxe romantic unique pole-built printer’s studio – sleeps two.
This pole-built architect designed woodland cabin was originally built as a garden studio for the master printer Hugh Stoneman, who worked with a host of famous artists including Sir Terry Frost, Sandra Blow, George Shaw and Tuner Prize winner Grayson Perry. Since then, it’s been converted into an utterly secluded hideaway, surrounded by its own woods, gardens, stream and secret Cornish valley. The beauty of the holiday space is that although it feels completely private and secluded, it is only 5 minutes from Penzance and a short drive to St Ives.
Since its days as a printer’s studio, the Studio has been redesigned and completely rebuilt by a team of local craftsmen into a stunning Cornish holiday house space for two.. It now combines impeccable modern design with its long-standing artistic heritage. It’s full of beautiful Cornish light and is a large airy space, full of handmade furniture, glass and wood; if you look closely, you’ll even spot prints by some of the famous artists who have worked here on the walls.
Wrap around balcony and private deck
The studio sits in 6 acres of private grounds and offers truly magical views over the private valley and the bubbling brook beyond. The open-plan lounge and mezzanine Coastal chic cosy bedroom are lined with floor-to-ceiling windows that make the most of the amazing views and bring the scenery inside. Wooden floors, comfy sofas, Cornish books and an artisan kitchen provide ideal spaces for relaxing, chatting and entertaining. There’s even a timber balcony overlooking the Cornish garden, perfect for twilight drinks or morning coffee, or afternoon tea – the list is endless.
All in all, we’re confident that this is one of Cornwall’s most exclusive and unusual places to stay. It’s an a gem of a hideaway, belongs to a good friend of mine, and has availability this Autumn at £120 per night.
- Peaceful location in a private wooded valley
- Contemporary decor featuring floor-to-ceiling windows, wooden floors & mezzanine bedroom
- Fully equipped Designer kitchen with oven, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave & sink
- Ensuite bathroom with lashings of hot water and private country views
- Luxury fabrics including linen drapes, fluffy towels and beach kit.
- Complementary wi-fi if you need to connect to the world
- Local walks nearby and free run of the extensive Cornish garden